The anticipated launch of the GUBA 2017 Awards took place on Monday the 10th of April 2017 at the Ghana High Commission in Highgate, London. The launch which serves as a precursor to the official awards ceremony scheduled to take place on Saturday 3rd of June, 2017 at the Intercontinental Hotel, o2, London – served as an official declaration and announcement of the shortlisted nominees for the GUBA 2017 Awards. Voting for the nominees of the respective categories, commence on Wednesday the 12th of April, 2017, via www.gubaawards.co.uk/voting/# Tickets for the awards are also available to purchase at www.gubaawards.co.uk The final phase of elimination for the Made in Ghana, Professional of the Year and Charity of the Year categories takes place at midnight, on Thursday the 20th of April 2017. Nominees for the aforementioned categories will be condensed to 4 nominees and announced at the GUBA Ghana Launch on the 21st of April, 2017 at the British High Commissioner’s residence. Voting ends on the 30th of April 2017, with the winners being announced at the main event in London on Saturday 3rd June 2017. The categories and nominees for the GUBA Awards 2017 are as follows: Animator of the Year Award
- Comfort Arthur
- Francis Y Brown
- Cycil Jones Abban
- Indigene Bros
- Dr Nicholas Ossei-Gerning – Medical Doctor
- Joshua Siaw – Lawyer
- Sheila Nortley – Film Director
- Myx Quest – Entrepreneur
- Samuel Boateng – Sales Professional
- Actionplus Foundation (UK)
- Wulugu Project
- Creating New Beginnings
- Nyarko Cleft Care
- ATE Action Through Enterprise (ATE)
- Aburi Old Girls Association (AOGA)
- Holy Child Past Students Association (HOPSA)
- Opoku Ware Old Boys Association (AKATAKYIE)
- Prempeh College Old Students’ Association (AMANFOO)
- Skin Gourmet
- Studio Badge
- Chaste Clothing
- Muange Clothing and Multimedia
- Selina Beb
- Peini Skin Care
- Booomers International Ltd
- Ghana Bamboo Bikes Initiative
- We Naturals
- SeKaf Ghana Ltd (Tama Beauty & Hair Nature)
- The Sweet Art Company
- DFT Printing Studio
- Bespoke Binny
- Vitae London
- Purete Nature
- Genevieve Puni – RecTrain Services Limited
- Vanetta & Vemilleon Ackah – Kiddie Garden Nursery International
- Andrew Takyi- Appiah – Zeepay
- Ruth Amoah – The Sweet Art Company
- Maidie Arkutu – Female Influential Leader
- Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo – Innovative Pioneer
- Anas Aremeyaw Anas – Exceptional Journalist
- Michael K. Obeng – Humanitarian Spirit
- Dr Paa Kwesi Nduom – Excellence in Business, Ghana
- Mr & Mrs Mensah (Uncle John’s Bakery) – Enterprising Business Award
- K. Oteng – Outstanding Industrialist
- Dr Kofi Amoa-Abban – Young Oil & Gas Entrepreneur
- Kelvin Doe – Young African Innovator
- Dr Nii Dzani – Influential Economist
- Jason Sarfo-Anning – Student Achiever of the Year
5 Ways to Get More YouTube Views
Simon El-Longwell reveals his intents for PUSAG Presidency 2022
The mantle of leadership transcends from one generation to another successive one which builds a large prospects of development in our various institutions, organizations and perhaps countries. (more…)
Crazy online gaming Wins: Biggest in the world!
The online gaming and esports industry has boomed in recent years, with millions of individuals taking part in these games worldwide.
With such explosive growth, there have consequently been a number of substantial prize purses, made all the more fascinating due to their sheer magnitude. Similarly, staggering winnings are sometimes seen by online gamblers, too. For example,’BetMGM Awards Over $800K’ was recently in the news in one lucky US state.
While we can’t tell you how to get lucky when gambling or gaming online, we are going to show you some of the biggest wins from online gaming.
How do Gamers Win Money?
Below, we’re going to show you how gamers have made money by winning some of the most prestigious online gaming tournaments in the world. But, there are other ways these professional gamers make money.
Some have paid sponsorships and partnerships with gaming companies, computer brands, and even global giant drinks manufacturers like Red Bull and Mountain Dew.
Others are paid salaries from the teams or leagues they belong to – it really is just like any other sport in this regard.
1. Fortnite World Cup (2019) – $30.4 million
It’s no secret that Fortnite is one of the most popular video games in the world right now, and the first-ever Fortnite World Cup is also one of the highest-ever online gaming wins.
In 2019, over $30 million was awarded to the winning players – the winning solo player, Kyle Giersdorf, took home $3 million, while David W and Emil Pedersen split $3 million between them as the top-ranking duo.
Winning contests isn’t the only way players earn from Fortnite, though. It also has a huge following on Twitch, with many gamers making a decent amount of money from live-streaming their gameplay to their adoring fans.
Fans have to pay to subscribe to their favorite channels, and there are often different tiers available for those who wish to show more support. So, for someone streaming a popular game such as Fortnite, this is a great way to make a steady income.
2. Honor of Kings World Championship Cup (2021) – $7.7 million
Last year’s Honor of Kings tournament, the World Championship Cup, was hosted in Beijing. Twelve teams of the best Honor of Kings players entered the contest, with the winning team ultimately taking home a cool $7.7 million between them.
The battle was closely fought between two teams, Gank Gaming and QG Happy, with the latter eventually coming in the number-one spot and claiming the colossal prize.
The tournament is going to be even bigger in 2022, with a prize pool of $10 million for the winning team. It’s expected that 16 teams will take part in this year’s event.
3. Call of Duty League Championship (2020) – $4.6 million
Call of Duty has been popular for almost two decades – fans were playing the series long before online gaming and esports became big. But, it’s only more recently that players have been able to make considerable sums of money from playing their favorite first-person shooter.
Call of Duty is so popular it’s not just one event but an entire league dedicated to it! At the end of the League, Dallas Empire won the Championship event and netted themselves the tidy sum of $1.5 million.
4. The International 10 (2020) – $40 million
Dota 2’s annual championship event in 2020 was the biggest of its kind to date, and one of the biggest ever online gaming wins ever. With a total prize fund of $40 million, it’s no surprise that the 16 teams who entered fought so fiercely to emerge victorious.
After various rounds and stages, Team Spirit from Russia netted themselves over $18 million to share between them. The tournament was held in Bucharest, Romania, at the Arena Naţională.
Aren’t esports exciting? It’s one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and it has only just begun to hit its stride. So, expect the prize funds given out at these tournaments to grow year on year.
If you keep practicing your favorite game, maybe you too could one day join the likes of these players and teams above and become a multi-millionaire overnight.
Itel Ghana Donates Library and School Items worth GHC40,000 to Ayikai Dablo M/A school
African-centric video games leap forward
The number of gamers has skyrocketed in Africa, going from 77 million in 2015 to over 185 million by the end of 2021. Driven by ever-improving Internet access and the increasing affordability of smartphones, mobile gaming is leading the way. Estimations project that nearly 95% of African gamers use mobile devices. With 650 million smartphones in circulation, the mobile gaming market is even expected to grow at an annual 12%. And as gaming booms across the continent, so thrives the demand for games made in Africa. (more…)
Best small business ideas to promote online
If you have a passion for doing something but are lacking the capital you may be wondering how to start a small business with little money. Well, you are not alone. There are thousands of people just like you who are looking for the best ways to make money. The internet is a great resource for finding your clients. On the platforms like https://fee4bee.com/, you can use your skills and expertise to start your own small business and offer your services to sell a product online.
First, you must decide on your small business idea. Before choosing an idea, be sure to get some input from friends and family members. Often, they can help you come up with ideas that will help you earn money while still having a great time. And don’t forget to have fun while working! It’s very important to find a business idea that you can enjoy.
Starting a small business in Сanada
You have decided that starting a small business in Canada is the right choice for you. While it might seem like an overwhelming task, it does not have to be. You can start your own business while working your current job and still have time to devote to your new venture. Start by developing a business plan, which will outline your goals, milestones and success measures. Some of the most important parts of a business plan include the objective of the business, the market position, the competitive landscape, financials, and target market information. Before submitting your plan, you should know the differences between the various business structures that are available in Canada.
A winning business idea is essential to starting a small business. When creating your business plan, focus on the latest technologies and trends, and fill a gap in your local industry. You should also consider the needs and interests of potential customers to ensure that you have a profitable business.
Small business ideas for little money
There are countless small business ideas for little money out there, but which one is right for you? While money is always a motivation to get started, there’s more to the idea than just making money. To find the right idea for you, bounce it off of friends and family to get their feedback. Also, don’t be afraid to have fun while you’re working! Listed below are some of the most popular small businesses:
- Handyperson. One of the best small business ideas to start is to provide a service. Although this may not be the most passive form of self-employment, it is a viable choice if you have specific skills and time that others would be willing to pay for. Such businesses can range from home repairs to building construction. To be a handyman you don’t need a large amount of capital to get started.
- Furniture assembling. If you know how to assemble Ikea furniture, you can start a profitable business. As the popularity of Ikea furniture grows, you can expand the service to other areas. Who knows maybe someday you grow into a full furniture factory.
- The pet industry is also ripe for small business ideas. From grooming services to dog walking services there are countless opportunities. Dog walking is a common service, and you can set a schedule for walks and charge a flat rate. You can also offer pet boarding services if you are interested in earning extra money.
- Video content making. If you want to run a small business, you can opt for video production. Video content is popular across various social media platforms and on the internet. Whether you wish to produce videos for your own business or for clients, you can learn the skills of cutting, editing and shooting videos. Even if you do not have any previous experience in video production, there are many online courses that will teach you the skills.
- If you’ve recently quit your job and still have the expertise to offer, you can turn that knowledge into a business. Consulting services, for example, are in high demand, with a $263.5 billion market expected by 2022. You can turn your knowledge and experience into a business by filling a need in the market. Many consultants are needed across different industries, and they charge for their services.
These small business ideas are a great source of extra cash, and they’ll also give you a sense of independence. So, start today. Don’t wait until your next paycheck is coming in – invest in yourself and your small business idea today.
How to promote small businesses online?
There are many cost-effective ways to promote small businesses online. Two models of promoting your business online include your own website promotion and cooperation with grand marketplaces.
Not for all the local businesses you need a business website. You have to build high-quality landing pages on your site and budget for large expenses so that the website generates income.
If you don’t have the time or the budget to do this yourself, you can consider alternative ways to promote online. Social media presence and services marketplaces are great places to list your business for free. These sites are often well-known with high search engine rankings. Listed businesses tend to get local customers. Profiles on these marketplaces don’t take long to set up and can help you promote your business to nearby customers.
Reviews are another way to get local customers to try your business. Word-of-mouth can be very powerful for your small business. Getting customer feedback on services platforms is the best. This way, potential customers can read what others have to say about your business and decide if it is the one for them.
Another free way to promote your business is through social media. Tik-tok, Instagram, and Pinterest are among the most popular social media sites. Make sure to include your contact information on your page, and create useful and engaging content to attract users. These platforms are great for local businesses because they can promote their products and services 24/7.
Using video on your social media is a great way to reach a wide audience for free. Also, you can use hashtags and contests to increase your exposure. Update your profile regularly. And don’t forget to follow your competitors, too. These social media sites are a great way to reach local customers.
- Buzz1 week ago
Full look inside Jackie Appiah’s luxurious mansion
- Buzz6 days ago
Jackie Appiah’s mansion is 9 years in the making- Randy Abbey
- World News1 day ago
They went viral two years ago when they married after taking part in a wedding, now they are divorced
- Gossip5 days ago
Tracey Boakye puts together a picture slideshow to show off ‘one of her mansions’ online
- Gossip1 week ago
Kizz Daniel refused to collect flowers from a lady at the airport, Zambians slam him!
- Gossip1 week ago
Photos from the burial of Nigerian gospel artist, Osinachi Nwachukwu
- People & Lifestyle1 week ago
Dr Jude Opoku-Agyeman Becomes First Black Plastic Surgeon, Formally Fellowship Trained in Transgender Surgery
- People & Lifestyle5 days ago
The cheapest package for fans attending the 2022 FIFA World Cup from Ghana will cost 37,443.4 cedis ($4,710)
- World News1 day ago
R. Kelly’s lawyer says the music icon has been placed on suicide watch in jail
- Buzz6 days ago
Headless YouTuber: Ghana’s Biggest Anonymous Entertainer
- Buzz6 days ago
I’m blessed at age 31, hence, Jackie Appiah comparison- Tracey Boakye
- World News1 week ago
Fireboy DML, Lil Wayne, Babyface, and more to perform at “BET Awards” 2022