Connect with us
NOT IN USE

World News

Commonwealth Games cycling is halted after a second horrifying crash

Published

on

Commonwealth Games cycling is halted after a second horrifying crash

Cycling at the Commonwealth Games was struck by another horrifying crash on Sunday afternoon that saw England’s Matt Walls catapulted over the barrier into the crowd, leaving athletes and spectators requiring urgent medical attention.

In the second qualifying heat of the men’s 15km scratch qualifying, there was a multi-rider crash and England’s Matt Walls flew over the barrier and into the crowd, with his bike.

Fellow racer Matt Bostock was taken away on a stretcher, while 24-year-old Walls received pro-longed treatment for more than 40 minutes before being taken away by ambulance.

British Cycling confirmed on social media that Walls and Bostock were taken to hospital.

‘We send our best wishes to the riders and spectators involved in the incident and will provide a further update when we can,’ British Cycling posted on Twitter.

Read Also: Dortmund’s Sebastien Haller to undergo chemotherapy a malignant tumour was detected in his testicle

Spectators were also hurt after Walls and his bike had come over the top of the barriers on the high banking of the corner.

Commonwealth Games cycling is halted after a second horrifying crash

Commonwealth Games cycling is halted after a second horrifying crash

The 24-year-old Olympic omnium champion was trying to avoid riders who had fallen in a crash lower down the banking but as he rode up, he clipped another wheel and went over the top.

Witnesses said that, because of the gradient of the banking, spectators in the front row had been unsighted for the crash.

One man received treatment for cuts to his arm while a young girl also received minor attention, while another member of the crowd has been taken away in a wheelchair covered in blood.

Following the collision, the remainder of this session at the velodrome was abandoned and only one sprint race was to come before a break.

The remainder of the morning session at the velodrome was cancelled and spectators were asked to leave as medical staff attended to Walls.

Walls and Bostock were both treated by medics before being taken to hospital alongside Derek Gee and two spectators for further treatment.

A Team England spokesperson said: ‘Matt is alert and talking (as he has been throughout) and is being given medical attention in hospital.’

Culled from The DailyMail

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Watch

Lil Maru shares new video single “Get Me On”

Published

on

Lil Maru

Fresh off the release of his breakthrough single “On The Block”, 18-year-old San Diego rapper Lil Maru has just shared his new single and video “Get Me On” via Simple Stupid/Geffen Records. On the new single, Maru croons about the ins and outs of his day-to-day––spitting about his neighborhood of SD, his highest aspirations, and his endless hustle. LISTEN

The song is accented by Maru’s tremolo flow over the minimalist, West Coast flavored production featuring a pair of light keys and smooth synths. The video showcases Maru surrounded by his loyal crew, flexing his custom jewelry, and adds to the personal nature of the song. Following the bubbling success of “On The Block”, Maru is continuing his homegrown momentum with his new single and video “Get Me On”.

Read Also: Audiomack’s Recent “Premiere Access” Feature Enables Artists to Reward Supporters With Early Listening

Lil Maru is a Mexican-American hip-hop artist based in San Diego, CA who busted on the scene with his 2020 single “Change Up” (20m+ Streams) and has only been capitalizing on the momentum ever since. He followed this up with a string of singles in 2021 including the viral hit “On The Block”, “Issues”, and “Nothing Into Something”. Maru kicked off 2022 with the release of his EP Been 2 Gone, featuring standout tracks like “Heartless”and “Soda Shopping” featuring former Shoreline Mafia member Fenix Flexin. Now, with the release of “Get Me On”, Maru is looking to leave his distinct mark on hip-hop and emerge as the forerunner of the new West Coast scene.

Continue Reading

Listen

Lil Baby Drops New Single, “The World Is Yours to Take,” To Be Featured on Official FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Soundtrack

Published

on

Lil Baby

Today, Grammy-nominated rapper, mogul, and philanthropist Lil Baby is partnering with Budweiser to release “The World Is Yours To Take,” a new single that will be featured on the first-ever Official FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Soundtrack and in campaign content from Budweiser, The Official Beer of the FIFA World Cup™. The high-energy anthem samples the iconic chorus from the hit song “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” by Tears For Fears, inspiring fans to begin their journey towards greatness. The pop song transcends generations and geography, punctuating the go-getter energy Budweiser and Lil Baby were after for the collaborative track.

 

Listen to ‘The World Is Yours To Take’ HERE and watch the lyric music video HERE.

Read Also: Lil Baby Returns With New Single, “Detox”

Four years ago, sports fans around the world were gathering for the 2018 FIFA World Cup just as Lil Baby began on his path to superstardom with the release of his first album. Now, the Atlanta native and globally recognized rap phenomenon is using the global stage of the FIFA World Cup and partnership with Budweiser to reflect on his journey and inspire fans to go for it.

 

“My new track with Budweiser for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Soundtrack is a special one for me. It’s about the journey we’ve all been on over the last few years and celebrating what’s next. When I started in music in 2017, I went all in on a dream that brought me to where I am now, and that’s what I want fans to feel when they hear the song. I hope it makes you feel like you’re walking out onto the pitch at the World Cup making moves toward your own dreams, whatever that means to you,” said Lil Baby.

 

One of only eight singles featured on the Official FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Soundtrack, ‘The World Is Yours To Take’ will be celebrated on Lil Baby’s 28 birthday with a live performance at the Budweiser Hotel at the tournament. Budweiser and Lil Baby aren’t stopping at a global hit single; the pair will team up with amazing artists around the world to release new versions of the song and shoot the music video at the FIFA World Cup in Qatar that will take place from November 20 until December 18, 2022.

Continue Reading

World News

How the mother of UK’s first Black ‘Finance Minister’, Kwasi Kwarteng faced down racial prejudice after moving to the UK

Published

on

Charlotte Boaitey-Kwarteng

Kwasi Kwarteng’s mother is a top lawyer who faced down prejudice to reach the top of her profession – after coming to the UK from Ghana in the 1960s with his father. (more…)

Continue Reading

World News

Dubai offers free bread via vending machines for residents

Published

on

rab bread

It’s raining free bread in Dubai, thanks to a government initiative!
(more…)

Continue Reading

World News

UNESCO funds 7 projects to support artists in Ukraine

Published

on

featheroGettyImages 1239123510

UNESCO and the Ukrainian NGO Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) have come together to support 7 projects to encourage the continuation of artistic creation and access to cultural life in Ukraine.

 

Selected by MOCA, the projects will benefit from a total of US$ 100,000 in funding from the UNESCO Heritage Emergency Fund. The projects, which cover animation, open cultural space creation, audiovisual installation and exhibitions, aim to reconnect artists with their audiences during the war. 10 additional projects are currently under consideration for funding in the near future.

 

“Supporting artists and culture professionals today means supporting tomorrow’s societies. Culture is an essential public good for society, and access to cultural life is a basic universal human right. We must therefore support artists and recognize the essential role they play in our lives, in times of peace as in times of war,” said Ernesto Ottone R., UNESCO Assistant Director-General for Culture.

 

MOCA launched an online open call for projects entitled (re)connection UA on 11 August 2022. 93 applications were received. Ilya Zabolotnyi, the (re)connection UA project leader, notes: “The quantity of impressive and socially impactful projects exceeded our expectations. It revealed the scale of the support needed for sustainable development of cultural life in Ukraine”. “The financial, institutional, and advisory needs of Ukrainian creative teams during wartime are colossal”, adds Olga Balashova, Head of MOCA NGO.

 

“UNESCO’s support of Ukrainian cultural institutions is vital for preserving artistic expression as a basis for social cohesion, community resilience, and our common goal – fighting for freedom and democratic values,” noted Ms Halyna Hryhorenko, Deputy Minister of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine.

 

The 7 projects to be implemented from now through the end of the year are part of UNESCO’s larger efforts in support of the culture sector in Ukraine.

 

The UN Organization has deployed numerous emergency measures since 24 February 2022 when Russian offensive against Ukraine began, and continues to identify the needs on the ground to support the cultural sector as much as possible, as well as the education sector and freedom of the press, in accordance with its mandate.

 

More information:

(re)connection UA is a pilot project implemented under the MOCA NGO with the support of UNESCO, funded by the UNESCO Heritage Emergency Fund. We wish to thank its donors: the Qatar Fund for Development, the Government of Canada, the Kingdom of Norway, the French Republic, the Principality of Monaco, ANA Holdings INC., the Republic of Estonia, the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the Slovak Republic, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, the Principality of Andorra, and the Republic of Serbia.

 

Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) is a non-governmental organization that unites representatives of artistic and expert communities who work with contemporary art in Ukraine and need a new type of museum institution to establish a full-fledged museum system and platform for expert dialogue. MOCA is a mediator between the professional community (which it coordinates) and governmental bodies. Moreover, MOCA provides the latter with advice on strategy and legal policymaking to implement a professional museum institution of contemporary art in Ukraine. MOCA has been focusing on projects that are particularly relevant during wartime and afterward, specifically the Ukrainian Emergency Art Fund and Wartime Art Archive.

Continue Reading

World News

Post Malone suffers bruised ribs after falling through a hole on stage

Published

on

post

Rapper Post Malone suffered a fall and bruised his ribs on Saturday when he fell through an opening in the stage during his performance in St. Louis, according to his manager. (more…)

Continue Reading

Trending