Okay, so I received an email from Rych McCain titled ‘Rych McCain’s 6th Annual 2010 List of Hollywood’s Most Talented Youth!’ and I asked myself Rych McWho? But as I downloaded his attachment I realised he has carved a name for himself by compiling this annual list for some time now- and of course Google was very resourceful as always! What even excited me the most about the list was the fact that a Ghanaian made it to the list.
Rych McCain writes:
It is that time of year again where I personally select favourites for my TOP TEN LIST OF HOLLYWOOD’S MOST TALENTED YOUTH! The candidates (18 yrs and under) are selected strictly from the interviews that I have conducted with them, which intern ran in my Weekly Internationally/Nationally Syndicated Entertainment Column as a photo-interview feature. If I didn’t interview you – you don’t qualify for my list! It’s that simple (hint publicists, young artists and anyone else who feels left out)!
As with every year, my hat goes off in a major salute to the parents of these exceptional young artists who have made untold sacrifices well beyond what many parents would be willing to make such as pulling up stakes and moving the entire family to LA or whatever else it took for their child or children to make it in the biz. The ten winners selected are without question the best of the best! They too have sacrificed, trained hard, done without and burned gallons of the midnight oil it took to get to where they are and they are just getting started! Rych McCain salutes all ten of you who are a part of my media family and I wish that the best is yet to come for each of you! May continued success be yours!
The awardees are listed alphabetically
1. Kwesi Boakye (age 11); makes his second appearance on this list two years in a row. Boakye is a regular cast member playing Jamie Thoreau on the TNT-TV Network show “Men Of A Certain Age.” He is also the voice of Darwin on “The Amazing Adventures of Gumball” for The Cartoon Network and will play rapper 50 Cent’s son in a new movie opposite Meg Ryan and John Lithgow titled “Lives of The Saints. (Photo by NB)
2. Kenton Duty (age 15); currently plays Gunter on The Disney Channel TV Show “Shake It Up!” He also was young Jacob the unknown mystery kid this season on the ABC-TV mega hit show “Lost.” (Photo Courtesy of SBPR)
3. Elise Fisher (age 7); was the voice of heart stealing, adorable baby Agnes in last summer’s animated box office smash “Despicable Me” for Universal Pictures. Elise is also the precious baby of our list! (Photo Courtesy of Universal Pictures)
4. Jaishon Fisher (age 14); portrayed Bennie, the young version of Dr. Ben Carson on The TNT-TV Network movie “Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story.” (Photo by Schultz Bros. Photography)
5. Scotty Noyd, Jr. (age 11); nominated for a 2010 Young Artist Award for Best Performance In A TV Series (guest star under 13) for “CSI-Miami for The CBS-TV Network.(Photo by Deidre Falhey)
6. KeKe Palmer (age 17); makes her third appearance on this list for the last three years in a row. To match that, she won her third NAACP Image Award in 2010 for Outstanding Performance In A Youth/Children’s Program (Series or Special) for her Nickelodeon Network TV Sitcom “True Jackson, VP.” She may best be known as Akeelah from the Lionsgate film “Akeelah and The Bee.” Palmer is a singer and has an album coming out in 2011. (Photo Courtesy LPSP)
7. Taylor Parks (age 17); makes her second trip on this list. Parks recently guest starred as Jill MacIntash on The Fox-TV Network series “Bones” and has a recurring role as Shelly on The Nickelodeon Network hit TV Sitcom “True Jackson, VP.” She first rousted attention playing Little Inez in The New Line Cinema hit movie “Hairspray” and sung a spirited duet “Run Tell That” with Elijah Kelly in the film and on the movie’s platinum soundtrack album. (Photo by Marcus Redd)
8. Larramie “Doc” Shaw (age 18); is Malik Payne on Tyler Perry’s “House of Payne” sitcom for The TNT-TV Network. Shaw currently stars on two Disney Channel Network shows as Marcus on “The Suite Life On Deck” and as Boomer on “Pair Of Kings.” Shaw won a 2009 Young Artist Award for Best Actor In A Comedy Series.(Photo by Bob D’Amico for Disney)
9. Taylor Spreitler (age 17); was one of the youngest regular daytime cast members as Mia McCormick on The NBC-TV soap “Days Of Our Lives” for one year (2009-2010). She currently plays Lennox Scanion on The ABC Family Network TV Show “Melissa and Joey.” Spreitler is a model as well and graced the July 2010 cover of H Magazine. (Photo by Flygirl)
10. Caroline Sunshine (age 15); stars as Tinka on the smash hit Disney Channel TV show “Shake It Up.” She took on the big silver screen last summer as Barbara Winslow in the 20th Century Fox Pictures movie “Marmaduke.” (Photo Courtesy SBPR)