The Housemates have spoken – and Munya and Sheila are up for eviction from M-Net’s Big Brother All Stars this week after Monday’s nominations.
Munya has now been up for eviction for four consecutive weeks – twice as a ‘save & replace’ candidate and twice by straight nomination.
Once all the nominations were in, Munya and Code were in line for eviction on Sunday, but Jennifer used her Head of House powers to save Code and replace him with Sheila. Co-incidentally, this is the first week that the Head of House has not been up for eviction themselves.
After Big Brother made the announcement, Jennifer headed to the Diary Room to make her decision. She had initially nominated Munya and Sheila and after making the choice to save Code, she paused before naming Sheila in his place.
The nominations had begun early, as Big Brother summoned the sleepy housemates to the Diary Room to make their decisions.
· Head of House Jennifer was up first, giving her usual reasons: “Nothing personal – it’s just a game”. She initially named Sheila and Uti as her nominees, but changed her mind and put Munya up instead of Uti. She made it clear that she would never nominate her friends Paloma, Kaone and Code.
· Uti decided he was nominating Paloma and Code this week because they have not been put up for eviction before.
· Kaone named Jennifer, as Head of House, and Meryl.
· Meryl also nominated Code, because she finds him boring. “All he does is walk around, play the guitar or read. He doesn’t know what to do with himself. I’m sorry but I’m being honest,” she said. Her second nomination went to Paloma, complaining that she likes to take over everything and that people can’t be themselves around her.
· Mwisho nominated Kaone, because the Motswana had saved himself and replaced himself with Meryl last week. He also nominated Code for a common reason – he had not been up for eviction before.
· Code picked Sheila and Uti – the former because he thinks she is nice but he’s not sure if they’re friends and the latter for just about the same reason, adding that he didn’t like how aggressive the Nigerian was.
· Paloma named “strong competitor” Mwisho and “survivor” Munya.
· Munya used his usual geographical basis for nominations, picking Kenya and Nigeria – Sheila and Uti.
· The Barnmates also got to have their say, with Yacob summoned to the Diary Room first. He nominated Munya because the Zimbabwean had nominated him and used a “bad excuse” and Code because he had said that he wasn’t sure if he trusted the Ethiopian, while Yacob had felt that they were friends.
· Lerato nominated Munya because he “annoys” her. She said she wanted to see if he would “dodge the bullet” again and that she wanted to see him in The Barn. She also nominated Jennifer.
· Hannington also chose Munya, because he had been “acting like a fool” and had upset Jennifer, who he claimed as “my girl”. Odd, then, that his next nomination was for Jennifer – because she could save herself.
· Tatiana nominated Uti and Mwisho, stating that they are both strong contenders and were “playing good”.
“It’s tough at the top,” complained Munya after Big Brother read out the nominees. He and fellow nominee Code started singing “Why u wanna kill the youth in me?” before the Zimbabwean headed to the garden for an urgent cigarette to calm his nerves.
Yacob woke up with a lot to say after entering The Barn on Sunday night. He skipped the morning exercise, saying he wasn’t ‘psychologically ready’ yet, but once he was out of bed, he launched into a lengthy rant about all things All Stars. He told Lerato he felt that Munya is “a lame punk” and revealed how he had already prepared himself for the flight home as well as the exit interviews he was going to give as soon as he stepped out of the house – not anticipating Big Brother’s Barn twist.
After letting him ramble on for almost an hour, Lerato told him how no one had forced him to sign up to be a part of the show. Yacob had no answer but continued with his rant and even took it inside during a conversation with Hannington and Tatiana. Tatiana told him the same thing and said he shouldn’t think too much.
During his Diary Session, Big Brother asked the Ethiopian how he was feeling – Yacob seemed sad and told Big Brother that he has a lot on his mind even though he’s still a part of the game. He was disappointed to find himself in The Barn as he had been expecting to see “the outside world”. He told Big Brother he didn’t see the point of being sent to The Barn if he had been evicted by Africa, as he had tested the continent and clearly failed!
Tatiana walked into her Diary Session with a spring in her step. When Big Brother asked her how she was feeling she said that she was “back to Tatiana”. When asked about her new Barnmate, she said it was good to hear news from the house as the new evictees gave the Barnmates insight into the goings-on in the house.