Nigerian musicians Simisola Ogunleye, aka Simi and Adekunle Kosoko, popularly known by his stage name Adekunle Gold are reportedly getting married after 7 seven years of secretly dating.
The lovebirds are set to tie the nuptial knot later today and only 300 people will be privileged to witness the epoch event.
The native wedding will hold today in Victoria Island, while their white wedding is slated for Thursday at Ilashe beach in Lagos State. The confidentiality of the event shouldn’t come as a surprise, as the couple has always kept their relationship private. The couple wedding introduction was not made known to the public until a report by NET.
- In 2016, Adekunle Gold featured Simi in a song titled; “No Forget”. It’s a heartfelt and romantic tune uniquely tending to relationship finance-related issues and promises of how he needs to hustle so he could accumulate some cash to wed her (his darling), telling her not to overlook the things they’ve gone through and whatever they’ve done together.
2. In 2017, Simi released her album; “SimiSola” and on the album, Simi and Adekunle Gold came together on a song titled; “Take Me Back”
3. In an interview with AmeyawTV, Adekunle Gold revealed how Simi gave a name to his type of music and basically mixed all songs on his first music project ‘GOLD’
4. Last December, Adekunle Gold stepped up to defend Simi against social media reviews and reactions that were bashing the Joromi singer’s headline show in Lagos due to its late start.
5. After years of hiding the true nature of their relationship, the finally sealed their relationship and made it public as they kissed on stage during the Simisola’s concert.
So while we wait for official photos from their wedding, we wish the soulful couple a Happy Married Life.