The MTN Hitmaker Season 8 finalist, Amma Kumi has revealed some of the challenges women who do music go through. according to her, the reason why there are more underground artiste is that stakeholders are not helping, and those who want to help ask for sex.
She added that some main stream DJs take money from artist to play their songs on air but do not play them. Others also demand for sexual offers in other to play her songs.
“They tell you your music is good but they need to do something so you have to pay them. And they “chop” the money but they don’t play your song. As a lady too they demand sexual offers.” she passionately said
She recounted her bitter experiences on the mid morning coffee show which airs on radio Gij 97.7 when she was interviewed by Uncle DJ Rob over the weekend.
Speaking on other issues, She said she was looking forward to signing to a new record label and also used the platform to express her appreciation to everyone who has supported her since she started doing music .
More in Gossip
Subscribe to Ameyaw TV
Where are they now?
Nigeria’s Rich Kids of Instagram
- Fred Nuamah and wife welcome their first child June 17, 2018
- Music Video: Bisa Kdei feat. Mic Flammez – Asew June 17, 2018
- Music Video: Genesis feat. Spicer – Pami June 17, 2018
- Nadia Buari shows images of her man and reveals they have 4 children on Fathers’ Day June 17, 2018
- Music Video: Dedebah – Sri Lanka June 17, 2018