World News
Suspect in Highland Park Independence Day mass shooting charged with 7 counts of murder

The 21-year-old suspect in the July 4th Highland Park parade mass shooting was charged Tuesday with seven counts of first-degree murder.
Eric Rinehart, the Lake County, Illinois State Attorney told reporters that he will request a judge to hold Robert “Bobby” Crimo III while the investigation continues. If convicted, the suspect faces up to life in prison without parole.
“I want to emphasize that there will be more charges. We anticipate dozens of more charges centering around each of the victims, psychological victims, [and] physical victims,” Rinehart said.
Read Also: R.Kelly removed from suicide watch in jail
The update in the investigation came after a seventh victim died Tuesday from injuries sustained in Monday’s mass shooting.
Authorities believe the massacre had been planned for weeks, and they say more than 70 rounds were fired from the gunman’s high-powered rifle, which was similar to an AR-15.
The suspect, is accused of opening fire from a roof of a business, which he accessed from a fire escape ladder, police said.
Police said Crimo wore women’s clothing during the shooting to apparently allow him to hide his facial tattoos and blend in with the crowd to flee.
“Following the attack Crimo exited the roof, he dropped his rifle and he blended in with the crowd and he escaped,” police said Tuesday. “He walked to his mother’s home who lived in the area and he blended right in with everybody else.”
It appears Crimo bought the rifle legally in Illinois, police said.
Police said they are looking to talk to a witness who is believed to have seen Crimo drop the rifle behind a red blanket immediately after the shooting.
He bought five guns overall, including two rifles, over the last year or so, police said.
No motive is known, police said. When asked by reporters if the gunman targeted anyone specifically, police said the “shooting appears to be completely random.”
Crimo — who was apprehended Monday evening after an hours-long manhunt — is answering questions from investigators and has made statements taking responsibility for the attack, according to multiple law enforcement sources.
In 2019, a family member reported that Crimo said he was going to “kill everyone” at the home, police said Tuesday. Authorities confiscated knives, a dagger and a sword, police said.
There was no information that he possessed any guns at that time and there was no probable cause for arrest, police said.
Culled from ABC News.
Watch
Smokingskul Shares New Single and Video “Nina”

19-year-old Florida rapper Smokingskul has just shared his new single and video “Nina”. Smokingskul is at the helm of a new era of plugg music known as “dark plugg”which substitutes the ethereal sounds of “plugg” with more tonal melodies that are accentuated by distorted percussion, producing a grimey, DIY sound. (more…)
World News
Drake celebrates breaking The Beatles’ record for most Top 5 Hits on Billboard Hot 100 Chart

World News
Swizz Beatz, Timbaland sue Triller for $28 Million, demand payment for ‘Verzuz’ sale

Swizz Beatz and Timbaland have filed a lawsuit against Triller, claiming the company still owes them $28 million for the sale of their Verzuz series. (more…)
World News
Liam Hemsworth has called it quits on his three-year relationship with model Gabriella Brooks

World News
Elon Musk says his tweet about buying Manchester United was a joke

World News
Italian rappers arrested for racist attack on Nigerian man

Two well-known Italian ‘trappers’, a type of rap music, have been arrested for a suspected racially motivated attack on a Nigerian factory worker near Monza in Rome. (more…)
- Buzz1 week ago
‘At times, some people need slaps’- Reggie Rockstone reacts to Akatakyie’s claim of being originators of Hiplife
- Buzz5 days ago
A look inside Serwaa Amihere’s living and working area at home
- Buzz5 days ago
Photos: Broadcast journalist Bridget Otoo marries in a private ceremony
- World News1 week ago
Nigerian mom shot dead by 12-year old son in Alabama, USA
- Buzz1 week ago
Zionfelix names daughter after French Ambassador to Ghana, H.E. Anne Sophie Avé
- Buzz1 week ago
Lupita Nyong’o celebrates father’s win in Kenya polls
- Gossip1 week ago
WATCH: Mercy Aseidu honoured with Doctorate degree in the USA
- Buzz3 days ago
Bridget Otoo reveals she was attending to her cement customers at her engagement ceremony
- Buzz3 days ago
“But why?”- Afia Schwarzenegger’s controversial comment on Bridget Otoo’s wedding
- Buzz21 hours ago
Bridget Otoo calls out unnamed friend for sharing “horrible” videos from her wedding
- Buzz1 week ago
Akuapem Poloo converts to Islam
- Gossip5 days ago
Solomon Buchi ‘begged’ women for money: Multiple women expose Nigerian life coach after he warned men not to date broke women