Hundreds of people gathered at the Efua Sutherland Park on Saturday to ‘Walk for a cause’ as part of activities to celebrate World Autism Day. They included people from the Ghana Autism Society, Autism ambassadors and staff of telecom company, Tigo.
The event put together by the 2014 Tigo Change-makers, Alice Amoako and Solomon Avemegah with support from Tigo, was also used for a live demonstrate of their new innovation, the Autism Aid App.
They both explained in detail that the app which is presently available at the Google Play store is a great resource for both autistic people and care givers.
“Our main objectives for this Autism Aid App is to help children living with Autism to improve on their communication skills. We also want to increase and deepen awareness about Autism in Ghana and promote social inclusion and integration for people with Autism.
The Director for Corporate Affairs at Tigo, Gifty Bingley was full of commendation for Alice and Solomon in developing the App. “As a digital lifestyle brand, we know that a lot of people are spending more time online than any other media especially on mobile devices. By creating an Autism app, Alice and Solomon are making it far easier for all of us to be engage on Autism”, she said.
Ms. Bingley encouraged Ghanaians to download the app and provide feedback.
World Autism Day was instituted by the UN to recognize and appreciate persons living with the autism disorder, not as disadvantaged individuals, but as ones with various special abilities.
In Accra, the day was marked with a walk through some principal streets after which participants gathered at the Efua Sutherland Children’s Park for a live demonstration of the Autism App, a free medical screening and an art exhibition produced by children living with autism.
Plaques were also presented to various organizations who have over the years supported autism awareness and care. Prominent Ghanaian actress, Martha Ankomah, also pledged her continued support to autism through her foundation, the Martha Ankomah Foundation.
The United Nation’s Resident Coordinator in Ghana, Christine Klock, the Director for the Ghana Autism Society, Serwah Quaynor and various sponsors pledged to support Autism awareness and care in Ghana.
The Ghana Garden And Flower Show December Edition Is Here
The December edition of the Ghana Garden and Flower Show, organized by Strategic Communications Africa Limited (Stratcomm Africa) and the Ghana Garden and Flower Movement, is currently under way at the Efua Sutherland Children’s Park, Accra. With the theme, Growth unleashed – SPREAD THE LOVE, the Show opened on Thursday 8th December and will run until Monday 12th December 2022, from 9 am to 9 pm each day.
The ongoing Show offers many exciting activities such as;
- Exhibition (8th – 12th December 2022, 9:00 am – 8:00 pm)
- Masterclass for Adults, topic: Spruce Up Your Garden for Christmas (Friday, 9th December 2022,12:00 pm – 2:00 pm)
- Little Green Fingers -Children’s and Beginners Gardening classes (Friday 9th – Sunday 11th December 2022, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Kids Playground (Friday, 9th December – Sunday, 11th December 2022, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm)
- Sip and Paint (Friday 9th – Sunday 11th December 2022, 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
- Praise Jam – Stratcomm Africa’s annual end-of-year thanksgiving musical concert (Sunday, 11th December 2022, 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm)
Ms Esther A N Cobbah Cobbah, CEO of Stratcomm Africa says, “Climate change and environmental degradation threaten our existence, and we all have a duty to fight to protect Mother Earth. This Christmas and beyond, Unleash Growth and Spread the Love for a Greener, Cleaner, Healthier, Wealthier and more Beautiful Ghana”.
Ms. Cobbah added, “Christmas is a time to show love. The December Ghana Garden and Flower Show presents another opportunity for environmental edutainment, enterprise and beautification. We invite you to come because you love the earth and care about its protection and preservation. Come benefit from knowledge, fun, networking and relaxation”.
In August this year the Movement/ Show marked 10 years of a focus on, and commitment to, contributing to the realization of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through promoting a Greener, Cleaner, Healthier, Wealthier, and More Beautiful Ghana. It attracted over 28,000 visitors, having grown from 1,400 visitors in the first Show in 2013.
The Show continues to grow bigger and better with every event and with ever growing international appeal and recognition, it is necessary, that growth is unleashed in every capacity.
How to Stay Healthy and Avoid Back Pain While Diamond Painting
If you enjoy diamond painting, you’ll notice that time flies by as you settle down to work on the canvas and that standing up gives you a tickle in your spine. When diamond painting, some people don’t have time to concentrate about anything else and only experience back and shoulder ache when they regain consciousness. This article will provide you some advice on how to stay healthy while painting diamonds and prevent back pain. To lessen the stress of painting, you can purchase the Cheap Diamond Art Kits that suit you.
Stretch your muscles and rest.
When you’re focused on something, it’s nice, but you may become so absorbed in it that you lose track of time. And regrettably, prolonged sitting can result in neck and back pain. Therefore, the greatest suggestion when painting diamonds is to frequently stand up and stretch, as well as perform some simple neck twists and shoulder stretches, which will keep you feeling rejuvenated and help prevent limbs from becoming overly stretched. Pain and stiffness.
Get a comfy chair and table
It is crucial to have the proper setup when working at a workbench for diamond painting. This includes having the appropriate chair, table, and lighting. All of the aforementioned items can help you prevent or lessen neck and back strain. First, make sure you have a comfortable chair with sufficient back support that is ideally at the same height as your desk. Back and neck problems are more likely to occur if you don’t have the proper chair. The second step is to confirm that your desk is the proper height. When typing or using a mouse, your elbows should be at a 90-degree angle. Neck and back pain might result from a desk that is too high or low.
Upgrade the chair with a cushion
If you don’t want to modify the chair, you can top it off with a wedge-shaped seat cushion. You don’t need to purchase a new chair because this cushion can be used on any chair. By relieving pressure on your tailbone when you sit down, this cushion helps to ease back pain. Additionally, the wedge-shaped seat cushion’s elevated height promotes blood circulation while preventing further back strain.
To Help Reduce Muscle Strains, Use an Easel
Using the bevel for diamond painting helps to maintain proper posture, hence decreasing issues like various discomforts and back pains brought on by prolonged sitting. Craft tables and easels are designed to tilt the workplace towards the artist. The diamond canvas may be turned toward you so that you can paint in a comfortable position. In addition to the craft table, you can also choose an easel or a laptop stand, which offer the same benefits as the craft table.
Adjust healthy posture
Adopting good posture is one of the most crucial methods to prevent back discomfort. Your muscles become strained and sore when your back is bent in a certain position for an extended period of time. While stretching exercises and shifting seats might lessen the likelihood of back pain, they cannot entirely undo the harm done by poor sitting posture. In order to avoid injury, you should support your back appropriately, maintain your feet on the ground, reach the workbench and other things, and keep your eyes straight ahead.
There are numerous steps you can take to properly prevent back pain when you dedicate yourself to diamond painting. Try the strategies listed above to feel happier while painting. At topdiamondart.com, you can purchase a wonderful Diamond Painting for Sale directly at a great price.
The best movies to stream these holidays, from Dune to Top Gun: Maverick, Uncharted to Candyman, Licorice Pizza to House of Gucci
Why You Need Professional Repairs for Your Air Nail Guns
Before we start discussing why you need professional repairs for your air nail guns, you need to know what an air nail gun is, how it works, and what its advantages are. If you are a newcomer to an industry where you need to work with air nail guns, then this article is appropriate for you as it covers all the relevant information.
There are various benefits and features on which you can compare and get the best air nail gun. But, while using an air nail gun you can also face some malfunctioning of the tool and before it gets worse you need to repair it. Moreover, working with a defective air nail gun can be risky too and therefore you need professional repairs for your air nail guns.
Air Nail Gun:
Air nail guns use air compression energy to work, unlike an electric nail gun that requires electrical energy. Professionals prefer this type of nail gun due to its various advantages. Some of them are-
- It is robust and easy to use.
- This type of gun is far better than the electric nail gun because they don’t need an electrical connection so can work in a power cut too.
- One can get a huge amount of variety when purchasing one.
- They are smaller in size and therefore easy to hold.
- They are not so much heavy too and that is why they are easy to work for more hours.
For those who do not know, the air nail gun was the first model introduced to help create various projects. This device was claimed to be successful after its launch as it completely changed the job site and was both money and time efficient. You can stick to the article to learn more about professional repairs for your air nail guns.
Why do you need Professional Repair for Air Nail Guns?
The various reasons why you need professionals to repair an air nail gun are-
- Air nail guns use pneumatic rams and solenoids to fire the nail at a speed of 200 miles. So, trying to fix these machines can be of significant risk, and one may need to put a lot of effort into doing it. When you choose to have professional repairs for your air nail guns they incorporate adequate safety measures while working and risks of accidents are lessened.
- One of the most common issues these nail guns face is the jammed feeding mechanism. This issue can be fixed by reassembling the tools and removing all the extra nails attached. Professionals are knowledgeable and experienced in this subject so they can do the work efficiently.
- Often, these nail guns require a leaking o ring, so if your tools are malfunctioning, one may require a seal kit that only professionals have.
- There are various methods of professional repairs for your air nail guns. Before applying any of the tips and tricks, you need to understand the issues your air nail gun is facing so that you can plan the repair accordingly. The professionals for this particular work are trained to do this job. So, it is better to put responsibility over them. They will detect the problem and solve it in less time.
- It is claimed that professional repairs for your air nail guns don’t require much cost, so you must check with the professional to know about your issue.
It depends on the individual on which type of nail gun they want to purchase, but professionals suggest an individual purchase the air nail gun as it is more beneficial. This gun was introduced to eliminate the extra work of the professionals, and just after its launch, the machine captured the market as this product was a hit. It is claimed that one can finish the project on time with the help of an air nail gun as it doesn’t require electricity. Therefore the work can go on during a power cut too. And, time is a much vital factor for such works. Air nail guns are popular because they are easy to use, and one can carry them without risk. Moreover, you can have the facility to go for professional repairs for your air nail guns when needed. Therefore, it is better to choose an air nail gun to utilize the maximum benefits.
Technology as an Enabler of Inclusive Learning for Children Living with Disabilities
MEST Africa in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation hosted the last edition of Edtech Monday for the year 2022, focusing on the challenges faced by learners with disabilities, on Citi FM, Ghana. (more…)
The Importance of Emotional Communication in Relationships
A smile on the lips, a gentle touch, crossed arms, or even a mockingly contorted mouth – facial expressions and body language often tell us more about our emotional state than words do. A correct interpretation of emotions is the basis for communication, especially with life partners.
A good couple should always have good communication on an emotional level. This type of communication is the key to preventing possible conflicts and discussions in the relationship.
A psychologist who specializes in relationships and communication on shagle video chatnoticed that many couples today do not support this type of communication between themselves, causing serious problems for each other.
What is emotional communication
This kind of communication is centered on exchanging all of the emotions and feelings shared by a couple. Additionally, empathy is important because it allows each partner in the relationship to put themselves in the other’s shoes.
Emotional communication attaches much more importance to emotional language than to verbal language. Although dialogue is important to the couple, facial expressions and body language are much more important.
What happens when there is no emotional communication in relationships
The relationship may significantly worsen if there are specific issues with emotional communication:
- One of the partners in the couple could be depressed, sad, or bored. This can lead to problems in the future as one notices that their partner is wrong, but does not know why.
- In the other case, there is something that bothers one of the sides of the relationship, but they don’t say it and stay silent. Nonverbal language makes the other person feel that something is wrong, which creates distance between partners.
The importance of emotional communication in relationships
Maintaining good emotional communication with your partner is important for several reasons:
- There will be much less conflict and arguments between partners. You can say things clearly without going to extremes.
- Each partner has much more empathy for the other. This allows possible conflicts to be resolved better and peacefully.
- The opportunity to share all emotions and feelings mutually.
How to achieve good emotional communication in relationships
- It is important to start using different emotional verbs in communication: to love, to cheer, to cry, to empathize.
- Recriminations should be avoided since they push the other person into a defensive position and raise the risk of future conflicts.
- When dealing with a problem, it is important that both people want to sit down to solve it. It is better to postpone this conversation than to do it inappropriately. Therefore, it is very important to be able to respect everyone’s personal space.
In the end, verbal and emotional communication in relationships is equally crucial. Above all, each person must establish good communication with themselves, letting go of any unproductive negative thoughts. As a result, it’s critical to keep in close contact with the partner. To gain a first-person understanding of the other person, you should be able to listen to them and put yourself in their situation. In that case, every aspect of the relationship will be significantly improved, and everyone will feel extremely competent in living together as a couple.
- Buzz7 days ago
Karma is real, never jubilate over another’s downfall- Akaupem Poloo after Afia Schwar’s arrest
- Buzz5 days ago
Jessica Opare Saforo responds to Shatta Wale’s tweet about marrying her
- Buzz2 days ago
Freedom Jacob Caesar accused of photoshopping himself into pictures
- Buzz1 week ago
Nana Ama McBrown’s recent post on Instagram gets fans worried
- Buzz4 days ago
Why Sadia Sausage is topping Ghana Twitter Trends
- Buzz5 days ago
We have settled our fines, but Afia Shwar will spend some days in jail- Nana Ama McBrown
- World News6 days ago
UK Rapper Pa Salieu sentenced to 33 months in prison
- Buzz1 week ago
Melcom Ghana opens Ultra-modern branch at East Legon
- Listen6 days ago
Lemonade Finance presents Delay in “Wo si woyε musician?”
- Buzz1 week ago
Chairman Wontumi gets court to issue bench warrant against Afia Schwar; McBrown and others fined 60,000 each
- Buzz2 days ago
Pentecost Church denied my mum and I a room, asked us to sleep in the park- Criss Waddle reveals
- Buzz1 week ago
Lordina Mahama sent John Mahama 64 roses on his 64th birthday