Connect with us

Uncategorized

2011 Ghana Music Awards nominations out on Friday

Who gets nominated for what in the anticipated 2011 Ghana Music Awards? The nominations would be revealed at the official launching ceremony scheduled for Friday, February 25 at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Accra. The nominees for all the public categories will be unveiled and celebrated at ceremony, and subsequently published for the public to […]

Published

on

Who gets nominated for what in the anticipated 2011 Ghana Music Awards? The nominations would be revealed at the official launching ceremony scheduled for Friday, February 25 at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Accra.

The nominees for all the public categories will be unveiled and celebrated at ceremony, and subsequently published for the public to start voting for their fovourites in the various categories. The ceremony will also be used to unveil exciting new prize packages for winners this year, as well as activities for the 2011 Ghana Music Awards festival. The launch ceremony is expected to be full of glitz and glamour as the media and music industry professionals wait anxiously for the nominations.

The grand launch was preceded by series of meetings with key industry professionals to set the basis for the awards scheme and compile the Nominees list for this year.  For the Public Categories, the general public makes up 30 per cent of the decision process to determine who wins what while the Planning and Selection Committees share the remaining 70 percent.  For the Industry Categories which are more technical and therefore require expertise rather than popularity, the decision rests on the Planning and Selection Committees which is made up of industry professionals.

The current list of categories in the GMA 2011 scheme is:

Public Category Artiste(s) of the Year, Hiplife/Hip Hop Artiste(s) of the Year , Highlife Artiste(s) of the Year , Gospel Artiste(s) of the Year, Discovery of the Year, Best Collaboration of the year, African Artiste(s) of the Year, Hiplife Song of the Year, Highlife song of the Year , Most Popular Song of the Year, Afro-Pop Song of the Year, Hip Hop Song of the Year, Gospel Song of the year, Reggae Song of the Year, Best Rapper of the year.

The Industry categories are: Album of the Year, Best Male vocal performance (Solo/Group), Female vocal performance (Solo/Group), Best Music Video of the Year, Songwriter of the Year, Record Label of the Year, Producer of the Year, Traditional Artiste(s) of the Year, Record of the Year, Instrumentalist of the Year, MUSIGA Merit of the Year



Advertisement

Uncategorized

Pizza Inn the Bridge at Adjiriganor is giving free Pizza Pies this Christmas season

Published

on

Ghanaian Pizza brand, Pizza Inn has opened a new branch in East-Legon and has FREE pizza pies and more to share this christmas season. (more…)

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Watch: Stonebwoy gives update on legal action against Kelvynboy

Published

on

Dancehall act, Stonebwoy has hinted that his legal team is taking serious action against his former signee Kelvynboy for comments he made after he was attacked in Ashiaman recently. (more…)

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Watch: Michael Blackson hosts AY Poyoyo on IG live: Snoop Dogg reacts

Published

on

Internet sensation and “King of Gh Rap”, AY Poyoyo has caught the international audience with his unique style of music. (more…)

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Justin Bieber denies sexual assault allegations, plans to take legal action

Published

on

Canadian singer, Justin Bieber has reacted to the sexual assault allegation made against him by a Twitter user identified simply as “Danielle” with evidence. (more…)

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Arnold Asamoah Baidoo goes hard at eShun, labels her untrustworthy and a liar

Published

on

Showbiz pundit, Arnold Asamoah Baidoo has articulated his disappointment at eShun’s actions as a professional artist over the years.

(more…)

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Regina Daniels is expecting a baby with her billionaire politician husband, Prince Ned Nwoko

Published

on

Nigerian actress, Regina Daniels is expecting a baby with her billionaire politician husband, Prince Ned Nwoko. (more…)

Continue Reading

Win

Watching gossip makes playing online a much more enjoyable experience. A good show can certainly improve any immersion. The bitcoin casino scene has exceptional games available for you to play while watching your shows. Crypto casino is a great way to mix gaming, and gossip, as you can watch all your shows, and it will be an enjoyable experience.

Trending