Barcodes have been around since June 1974 and have been revolutionizing every sector of society as we know it. Barcodes can be defined as rectangular images consisting of black lines printed vertically. This image can be scanned by a barcode scanner. The barcode is placed on each product so that when the product is scanned, the specific item is rung up on the sales system. Bar codes store information and this information can be accessed by scanning the barcode itself.
Barcodes are used in every industry in the world from the retail industry to the medical industry. The world of barcodes is a very exciting world. Using barcodes in your business does not have to be a boring, monotonous process. It can be exciting and innovative. There is a lot of fun you can have with barcodes.
Barcodes have become an inspiration for artists and architects alike. Artists are using barcodes in order to come up with the most beautiful, eccentric and modern creations. For example, the following are examples of barcode wall paintings:
The following picture is an example of how barcodes are being used in graffiti throughout the world:
People are even using barcodes as tattoos.
There are many creative ways to design everyday barcodes. Here are a few examples:
Barcodes have even entered the world of pedicures and manicures.
There are many buildings that have been designed with barcodes in mind. The most famous one is a building in Russia, but there are many other buildings designed from barcodes such as the following one that was built in Middelburg in Netherlands.
Another exciting development in barcode technology is Barcode Video Games. One such game is called Barcode Battler. This was released in 1991 and it makes use of codes to make characters for the players. Some barcodes are players, others are enemies and still others are power ups. The players are encouraged to also find their own barcodes characters from products in everyday life. These different barcodes battle against each other.
Another video game based on barcodes is called Skannerz which is created as an interactive battle scene. This video game was released in 2000 and has swept the world by storm.
Other barcoded video games include Super Barcode Wars, Digimon Frontier and Barcode Eleven. They provide hours of entertainment and prove that the process of acquiring barcodes does not have to be serious. Barcodes can be a lot of fun too.
It can be very exciting to experiment with your barcodes. Being creative with designing barcodes is very rewarding. However, it is important to always ensure that the barcode can be scanned. Therefore it is always important to remember the following tips:
- The recommended size for barcodes is 37.3 mm by 25.9 mm. You can go as small as 80% of this size or as large as 200 % of this size. If you go beyond these margins, it is likely that your barcode won’t be able to be scanned.
- If you want to print your barcode in colour on barcode stickers, it is important to ensure that there is a large contrast between the lines and the background, otherwise the barcode scanner will not be able to scan the barcode effectively.
- It is critical to leave a certain amount of space at both ends of the barcode so that the scanner can pick up when the barcode starts and when it ends.
- It is also important to ensure that the large horizontal strip of code is not interrupted. This will ensure that the barcode scanner can pick up the barcode number.
- Most importantly, before you print your full print run of barcodes, test out your barcode to ensure that it can be scanned accurately. This will save you time and money.
Other than that, go wild! Barcodes can be a huge amount of fun. Be Creative. Here at Barcodes 123, we love experimenting with barcodes and making them as exciting as possible. We supply top quality GS1 Barcodes at the lowest possible cost. We are very happy to assist you with the process of acquiring barcodes for your business from the start to the end. You will not be sorry for choosing us as your barcode supplier. We are the leaders in the barcode world throughout Southern Africa and we give the best service possible.