Although Ghana’s beautiful and elegant rep to this year’s Miss Universe contest was highly tipped by bloggers and photographers across the globe as one of the most beautiful and promising delegates in the competition, Miss Awurama Simpson missed out on the glory at the finale at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on Monday Night. Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete beat 84 contestants to win the coveted crown.
Jimena won at the first place with Miss Jamaica Yendi Phillipps at the first runner-up. Meanwhile, Miss Australia Jesinta Campbell, who was chosen by fellow contestants as Miss Congeniality, landed on the second runner-up. Miss Ukraine Anna Poslavska and Miss Philippines Venus Raj were at the third and fourth runner-up respectively.
Earlier, five other contestants of the beauty pageant who made it to top ten but weren’t selected into top five were Miss Albania Angela Martini, Miss Guatemala Jessica Scheel, Miss Ireland Rozanna Purcell, Miss Puerto Rico Mariana Paola Vicente and Miss South Africa Nicole Flint.
The Miss Universe 2010 pageant, which is co-owned by Donald Trump and NBC, was judged by Criss Angel, Evan Lysacek, Chynna Phillips and actress Jane Seymour. Miss USA Rima Fakih didn’t place in the Top 15, and will be subjected to congressional hearings and possible charges of treason next week.
Miss Universe 2010 Pageant:
- The Winner: Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete
- 1st Runner-Up: Miss Jamaica Yendi Phillipps
- 2nd Runner-Up: Miss Australia Jesinta Campbell
- 3rd Runner-Up: Miss Ukraine Anna Poslavska
- 4th Runner-Up: Miss Philippines Venus Raj
- Miss Congeniality: Miss Australia Jesinta Campbell
- Miss Photogenic: Miss Thailand Fonthip Watcharatrakul
- Best National Costume: Miss Thailand Fonthip Watcharatrakul