MNet has started airing the US version of the the X Factor with the notoriously supercritical talent judge Simon Cowell as front man, and Paula Abdul, LA Reid and Nicole Scherzinger as the other judges on the panel. Simon Cowell’s high energy entertainment format that has taken the world by storm will award the show’s winner with a record-breaking $5 million record deal – the largest guaranteed prize in television history.
The X Factor has been rated the number 1 Entertainment Show in the UK for the past 3 years reaching record UK audiences in 2009 of 20 million with 60% audience share – it is also the No.1 music entertainment format in Europe. The show has no barriers as it is open to all ages, all styles, solo acts or groups. And the performers aren’t the only ones competing – it’s judge v judge, artist v artist.
10 Things You Need to Know about the host Steve Jones:
1. He’s a 34-year old Welsh man
2. He started his TV career presenting The Pop Factory Awards and 99 Things To Do Before You Die.
3. He used to model for the likes of Versace, and has his own clothing line called Goodsouls
4. He would kill for a role on It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia
5. He also showed us his charitable side by hosting Let’s Dance for Comic Relief
6. His favorite band is Rage Against the Machine
7. He can hold his breath underwater for three minutes but he hates swimming!
8. He dated Hayden Panettiere (you know, that cheerleader chick from Heroes.)
9. He’s the presenter of the BBC One series Drop Zone
10. Steve in now on Twitter – follow him now on @SteveJones